Thursday, September 21, 2006

Alone

Alone
By: Brett Matthes
I’m single again
I’m all on my own
Nobody to greet
When I finally get home

I thought that I’d found
My one perfect mate
Never again would I need
To ask a girl on date

When I told her I loved her
The first time she cried
Then she said she loved me
Turns out that she lied

I called her all the time
When she was at school
But she rarely called me
I felt like a fool

When she graduated college
We got our own place
A really nice house
With plenty of space

It turns out that space
Wasn’t measured in feet
It was emotional distance
My discontent was complete

I was alone in the house
Even when she was there
I was alone in my love
She just didn’t care

So I’m single again
But don’t shed a tear
My girl didn’t leave
She was never really here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home