Saturday, July 09, 2005

Barbeque Woes

Barbeque Woes
By: Brett Matthes

I remember it well
That long ago night
My lady was home
From a cross country flight

"I know," said I
"Just what we should do
"Have a cook-out at mom's
"A nice Barbeque"

"With family and friends
"We'll have a great time
"It'll all be on me
"It won't cost them a dime"

So we bought lots of food
For appetites sake
We even remembered
To pick up a cake

Fresh batt's for the lights
To stick on the poles
We put the umbrella's
Down into their holes

The daylight was waning
The temperature right
It had all the fixings
Of a sit-outside night

The guests all arrived
With the sun still aloft
Bonnie only called once
(She always gets lost)

The men sat around talking
John had a smoke
Carmello made us laugh
With a nicely timed joke

The night was in swing
The food set to fry
But where were the girls?
Inside watching Ty!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home