Saturday, July 09, 2005

Happy Mothers Day

Happy Mothers Day
By: Brett Matthes

In all the varied stories
Of all the varied moms
It's few and far between
That a good one comes along

Instead you hear of cold moms
Of moms that just don't care
That would rather worry about their nails
Or the color of their hair

But when I talk about my mom
I can tell a different tale
Compared to the woman that gave me life
All other mothers pale

In my life I've never met
A person that would do
All the things my mother's done
For me, and my brother too

She shares her house without complain
She always gives us cash
She’ll let us use her paradise
For a weekend poolside bash

Every day she teaches us
How to be much better men
She teaches us to save our dough
And have some fiscal discipline

But most of all she teaches us
To above all else be true
To chase our dreams and follow our hearts
She’ll love us no matter what we do

So when they call us Mama's boys
Our eyes just get a glint
Because what they just don't realize
To us, that's a compliment

Happy Mothers Day mom, we love you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home